SC Rebel Flag Removal Time-line:
- June 18, 2015, Dylan Roof, is reported to have shot up a Church full of Black parishioners
- June 22, Governor Nikki Haley held a press conference calling for the confederate flag to be removed from the state house grounds.
- June 25, Funeral Held for the first Shooting Victim
- June 26, Senator Pinckney’s funeral is held in Charleston. Speakers at funeral, including President Obama, call for the flag to be removed.
- July 06, Senate holds the first reading of Senator Vincent Sheheen’s bill to remove the flag and place it in the confederate Relic Room in the State Museum.
- July 07, The third reading is passed. The vote was 36-3.
- July 8, the bill goes to the SC House for debate and more than 60 amendments were added and debated.
- July, 9, the House votes to approve the bill with no amendments by a vote of 94 to 20.
- July 9, Governor Nikki Haley signs the bill into Law.
Other States, Flag Issues:
Church Shooting False-Flag?